Steel Shed Group
The Group promotes Australian manufactured steel products used in construction of cold-formed shed structures, like sheds and garages and promotes steel shed industry compliance in the design, supply and construction principally of those types of structures. This is achieved by pursuing portable building compliance with Australian Standards (Building Code of Australia) and developing documentation formats that conform to local government and certifier requirements. Achieving industry compliance is linked to improving the credibility and sustainability of the industry.
The Steel Shed Group was formed as a representative group for the shed industry to:
- ensure that buildings comply with all relevant Australian standards
- improve credibility and sustainability for the steel shed industry
- have shed designs / documentation that conform to local government requirements
The Steel Shed Group works towards the promotion of Australian manufactured steel products and Australian capability in the efficient design, supply and construction of cold formed shed structures. It provides an independent industry forum for awareness, code position representation, government lobbying, industry education and technical representation, presentations and seminars. Membership consists of a broad range of shed manufacturers, roll forming companies and industry suppliers.
The ASI has launched a new industry benchmark for steel sheds called ShedSafe for built assurance, especially in areas that experience extreme weather. ShedSafe is a clear commitment by participating shed manufacturers and resellers that their design standards are according to the Building Code of Australia. It also guarantees that members have undergone ShedSafe training and submit to regular reviews of the manufacturer’s design principles and processes. Visit the ShedSafe website.
Benefits of Steel Shed Group Membership
- An opportunity to have a real voice in the industry and contribute to the industry's success
- Networking opportunities with other Steel Shed Group members regarding your issues
- Promotion of your company's capabilities and services on the Steel Shed section of the ASI online Industry Directory
- Identify your business with the credability of ASI Steel Shed Group via use of the unique ASI-SSG logo
- Stay abreast of current industry news and technical developments via regular ASI newsletters and publications
- Assistance with engineering / designer liaison
- Representation to Building Codes and local government bodies
Neil Creek, National Manager - ASI Steel Shed Group
Level 1, BTP Technology & Conference Centre
1 Clunies Ross Court (off Miles Platting Road)
(PO Box 4037)
EIGHT MILE PLAINS QLD 4113
Tel 07 3853 5204
Fax 07 3219 9653