Presentation: AS/NZS 1252 High strength bolts with associated nuts - Brisbane
Location: Cnr of Merivale & Glenelg Streets, South Bank
Venue: Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre
Date(s): 30 May 2017 17:00:00
Non Member Price: $25
Member Price: $15
Important design and procurement updates you must know
With all structural bolts now imported from overseas, increased pressure is being applied to Engineers to ensure that they are structurally safe! The responsibility of each link in the supply chain is now well defined.
This evening presentation is designed to assist you to manage risk by improving procurement and compliance outcomes for these safety critical products.
If you are an engineer, a builder, a procurer, a testing authority or certification agency, you need to come along, inform yourself and be part of the journey towards improved compliance outcomes!
The new standard now comes in two parts:
- Part 1: Product conformity - similar in intent to the previous version but with a list of improvements (see below)
- Part 2: Verification testing - new and provides procurers the option to specifically call up a suite of specific testing to ensure the imported products landed in Australia are compliant with Part 1.
The significant improvements to the Standard include:
- Strengthening of normative requirements around testing and product conformity
- A new section on performance requirements of the bolt assembly and normative requirement for ‘assembly testing’
- A new EN 14399-3 Type HR property class 8.8 ‘alternative assembly type’
- A new EN 14399-3 Type HR property class 10.9 ‘additional assembly type’
- New definition of performance requirements for bolts suitable for torque-controlled tensioning
- The new Part 2: Verification testing, which finally provides procurers with a unified transparent testing regime to ensure product compliance.
Time: Registrations at 5.30 pm for 6.00 pm start and 7.30 pm finish.
Cost includes presentation and refreshments. Join us for drinks and networking following the presentation.
This presentation can be used for CPD points.
Download the flyer (PDF) (436 Kb)
Dates: 30 May 2017 from 5:00pm - 7:30pm
Venue: Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, Cnr of Merivale & Glenelg Streets, South Bank
Prof Saman Fernando
Professor Fernando is a world-renowned fastener expert and inventor and is well respected in the Australian fastener industry. With a background in aerospace industry he has contributed immensely to the advancement of fasteners. He has published extensively on fastener technology, manufacturing technology, failure analysis and conducted fastener research via Ajax Technology Centre. He has authored over 20 national and international patents on world-class fastener solutions currently used in the global markets. He is also a bolt forensics expert, having investigated many fastener related failures. He is a mentor of AEFAC, which is located at Swinburne University of Technology where he is currently a professor. He is a member of Standards Committee ME-029, responsible for AS/NZS 1252.
Contact Name: John Gardner
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: 07 3853 5320