In this section
NSSCS for fabricators
Achieving the quality benchmark
- Ensure processes and documentation are consistent with the Construction Category for the project or component being undertaken. AS/NZS 5131 defines the requirements.
- Provide necessary project-specific documentation as and when needed.
- Provide the Declaration of Compliance (DoC) for the products covered.
You are guided through this process and it is greatly simplified for you if you choose to apply for certification to the NSSCS.
Certification to the NSSCS
Certification to the NSSCS is configured in simple stage steps to provide practical benefits early on whilst managing a journey towards final certification to your chosen Construction Category.
The stages and process are:
The benefits for you
The benefits to fabricators of certification under the NSSCS are significant, including:
- A proven commitment to capability based on the chosen certification level will help distinguish you in the eyes of clients.
- A de-facto ‘National Technical Prequalification Scheme’ that in time will become common across the industry, increasing productivity and saving you significant time and cost in tender submissions and multiple certifications.
- The site audit and ensuing gap analysis can prompt demonstrable improvements in internal process efficiencies.
- A uniform transparent quality bar to support fair competition with your peers.