FREE Student Membership
- Need data on steel design to AS 4100 Steel Structures Code?
- Want to access the biggest online steel library in the Southern Hemisphere?
- Need to become acquainted with industry best practice to assist your career?
- Want to compare notes with industry leaders at case study and seminar evenings?
The ASI offers free online membership to students studying Bachelor degrees in engineering, building or architecture and enrolled in universities in Australia.
Membership includes free access to the all resources of the ASI eLibrary including the dedicated Student Resources section providing comprehensive information on structural steel including steel design, an overview of steelmaking and the steel supply chain, the fabrication and erection of steel, and drafting and detailing examples.
Detailed design information is available free of charge from the student section of the eLibrary which includes the ASI publications (PDF):
- Sample worked problems to AS 4100 Steel structures code
- Abridged version of Design capacity tables for structural steel, volume 1: Open sections
- Economical structural steelwork (5th Edition), Design of cost effective steel structures
- Summary of current design aids
- Overview program for AS 4100
- Limit state steel connections design series journal
- OneSteel section catalogue software
- Touching the earth lightly sustainability guide
- Structural steel fire guide
ASI Student Members can also purchase a hard copy of the latest edition of the Design capacity tables for structural steel, Vol 1: Open sections at the lowest discounted price of $66.00 (incl GST). (Normal ASI Member Price: $99.00)
Once registered online for ASI Student Membership, you are forwarded a password to access the eLibrary and student member section. Free ASI Student Membership extends to the end of your first year after graduating (max. five years).
The Australian Steel Institute is an internationally respected organisation with extensive contacts throughout the building and construction industry in Australia and overseas. Being a part of ASI enables you to keep in touch with the latest developments in steel design and construction. We are very serious about supporting students. Our State Managers provide lectures to students on the practical applications of structural steel. We also provide lecturers with resources for teaching purposes and present awards to third year civil/structural engineering students.
We look forward to welcoming you as a Student Member. If you have any enquiries please contact ASI Member Services Officer, Edwina Mills on Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel: 02 9931 6607.